Our First Jump Course typically involves several hours of ground school where all topics relating to safely completing your first skydive are covered. The class covers information such as airplane procedures, skydive exits, body position, canopy operation, landing procedures, and emergencies. At the conclusion of the class you will make your AFF Level 1 jump with two experienced USPA instructors.
If you wish to continue towards earning your license after your first jump, you will progress through AFF levels 2 through 8 with each level introducing you to more maneuvers and more involvement in the sport of skydiving.
After completing the AFF program students are cleared to jump solo and are guided every step of the way through earning their USPA "A" License and beyond.
Because of our friendly staff and generous facilities, we are one of the favorite places to skydive in California. Our dropzone covers a vast area to accommodate everyone.
Our hanger is equipped with heating and cooling systems. There is a lounge area, with several couches so that you may rest comfortably before jumping. There are large televisions mounted in the lounge area so that you may watch your skydiving experience caught on video.
There is a large, shaded picnic area, equipped with misters to keep you cool in the summer. There is also a BBQ for the use of our customers and their families so that the whole family can make a day out of your skydiving experience.
You’re having such a good time jumping, which usually happens, and you don’t want to leave - spend the night! We have large areas for RV camping over night. There are showers and bathrooms available.
We take pride in making sure our skydivers have a good time and we try to provide the proper amenities and professional service to make your California skydiving experience one you won’t forget.
Check out some of the most frequently asked questions our newbie and even experienced skydivers have. If you are learning how to skydive in California, then this is the page for you.
We'd love for you to learn to skydive with us at Skydive Taft! If there’s a question that isn't answered on this page, then give us a call at 661.765.JUMP (5867) or email us at email@example.com .
Located in Taft, CA, we offer some of the best sight lines while skydiving in California. From the ocean and the mountains, it’s a thing of beauty when you’re gliding back to the ground under your parachute.
- How long will my first jump take?
- Plan on the whole day for AFF jumps. Plan on 2-3 hours or less for tandem jumps.
- What should I wear?
- Comfortable, well fitting (closed-toe) gym shoes, and casual, loose fitting clothing. Jeans are okay. Sweats or shorts, according to season. We furnish you with a jumpsuit, goggles, gloves and all equipment necessary to make your skydive.
- Is there an age limit?
- Yes. You must be 18 years or older. No upper limit as long as you're healthy!
- Are there weight limits?
- Yes, 230 lbs. for tandem jumps and 230 lbs. for AFF jumps.
- What if it rains or is too windy?
- AFF students will complete the classroom portion of their training, regardless of the weather. Tandems are simply rescheduled for another date.
- I received my training and did not get to jump due to weather. When can I jump?
- Anytime during our normal business hours or by appointment.
- When is Skydive Taft open?
- We are generally open from 8am until sunset, Friday to Sunday. We are occasionally also open during the week, so please call and check!
- Can I get licensed?
- Yes, Skydive Taft will train you from your first jump through your expert license.
- Do I need a reservation?
- Yes, call Skydive Taft anytime to make a reservation at 661.765.JUMP. We require a $25 deposit per person. We accept debit, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express.
- Can my friends and family watch me skydive?
- Yes, we land right on the airport and have an area where they can watch you land.
- Do you have a picnic area?
- Yes, we have picnic tables along with a BBQ that you may utilize.
- Do you have camping facilities?
- Yes, we have a place to set up tents, to park RVs (no hookups) and shower/bathroom facilities.
- Are pets allowed?
- Yes, but they must be on a leash.